Monday, April 4, 2011

Let me introduce myself- Part 1 (1,000 Lifetimes-Lillian)

Well this is new!! My first real blog.

Greetings, and welcome to my little slice of the world wide web. Let's get acquainted. I wanted to introduce myself- but true to my nature such tasks are not as simple as one might think- so this is a three part series about this blog, my name, and who I am. Yep this is what you're signing up for- at least for now, until I can refine my blogging skills. My posts will mostly be stream of consciousness and sometimes broken down into parts, and sometimes disjointed and hard to follow; they will be my ponderings, my commentary on life, my thoughts, my frustrations, my desires, my joys, my sorrows- my journey. I seek reciprocal connection, encouragement, and support. I'm not a writer- so I won't even begin to pretend that this will be any great literary work- just a way of expressing and releasing or containing the ebbs and flows of my life- and how I find my life connected to a the interconnected human web.


Why One Thousand Lifetimes of Evolution? Is it a comment on reincarnation? No, not exactly. The jury is still out on my beliefs on reincarnation- in any sense. So what is it? First let me say, music-lyrics to be specific- have a great impact on my life. In a way that it is the soundtrack of life, or more-so the narration of my life. For most situations I find myself in, I can think of song lyrics to describe where I am, what I'm feeling, or what I want to say- so is true for my blog title. It was inspired by a Doria Roberts song Lillian. (check her out) Lillian is about her grandmother- reviewing her life before dying-  it's about the thousand lifetimes that make up a whole life- the ways we evolve throughout a lifetime, how it is so hard to let go of what we know, but that it's not until you let go that a new day can begin. From the first time I heard the song- I was struck by how even in my short life I feel I have lived a thousand lifetimes- how I've evolved and reinvented, by how struggles have come and wiped away my sense of who I was or where I was supposed to be, only to propel me to a higher sense of self and being. This blog will chronicle some of the evolutions of my life- the 1,000 lifetimes I have lived and am living.....

Have you lived 1,000 lifetimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment